首页 > 职场攻略 > 职场英语 > 正文

职场社交英语解析

发布时间:2017-09-28来源:职场百科网整理

  职场社交英语 Lesson 18:我们得要抢先完成

  SCENE② C 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现

  【我们得要抢先完成】

  Mary: Is it true that one of our 1) compe s is planning to 2) launch their 3) tracking service next month?

  玛莉: 听说我们有个竞争对手打算下个月推出监测流量的服务,这是真的还是假的?

  Elvin: That would be "WebTracker". We're heard they're almost ready. That's why we have to finish first.

  艾文: 你说的是“网路搜寻家”。听说他们几乎准备好了。所以我们得要抢先完成。

  Mary: Or they'll take over the market before we even get started.

  玛莉: 否则在我们还没来得及开始之前,他们就会占去整个市场。

  Elvin: Right. And that would be a total 4) giga-bummer.

  艾文: 没错。到时就一败涂地了。

  Mary: I guess we'd better get back to work.

  玛莉: 我猜我们最好赶快回去工作吧

  语言详解

  A: You have such a strange accent. Where are you from?

  你的口音奇怪。你是哪里人?

  B: Take a guess.

  猜猜看。

  【take over 接掌、占据】

  take over 表达商务上或军事上的“接掌、占据”。

  A: Once again, the military has taken over the African country.

  又一次军方接管了那个非洲国家。

  B: Do you think that'll interrupt your plan of taking over the market there?

  你想这会干扰到你要掌控该地市场的计划吗?

  A: Maybe and maybe not. I just have to wait and see.

  或许会,或许不会。我只有等着瞧了。

  1) compe (n.) 竞争者

  2) launch (v.) 事业登场,投入市场

  3) tracking service 监控服务,此指“监控网站流量的服务”。

  4) giga-bummer bummer是指“倒霉、不幸的遭遇”, giga这个“字首” 是指“十亿”,意即“非常巨大,非常多”。